For many people, procreating –or at least attempting it -- is the most enjoyable experience of life on planet earth. However, if you are already at it, why not enhance the experience to its maximum potential by fueling your hot-bod with foods that amplify you and your partner's drives? Here are our favorite libido boosting foods with Superfood health properties:
- Referred to as ‘Peru’s Natural Viagra,” Maca is a Peruvian root that has a legendary reputation of enhancing sex -- that dates all the way back to the Incas. In fact, ancient Incan warriors used to take Maca before battle because they believed the root wildly enhanced their physical stamina as well as their mental focus.
- The ‘Superfood’ root also enhances mood, and heightens pleasurable sensations, so it is referred to many in the health community as ‘The Holy Grail’ of aphrodisiacs. The root can be taken in supplement form; however, it is most potent in its raw powder form – which can be effortlessly tossed into a smoothie.
- Its secret is in its ‘macamide’ and ‘macaenes’ which are agents unique to maca, and responsible for its fertility boosting, aphrodisiac qualities.
- Chocolate in its raw bean form is called Cacao, and it has a plethora of stamina increasing properties to enlighten love-making. In fact, it is the Aztecs who originally believed Cacao invigorated men and women while lowering inhibitions, and so it became the ideal gift for men to give to women during courting.
- Much research has gone into why chocolate makes people feel so good. Researchers at the Neuroscience Institute in San Diego, California believe, “Chocolate contains pharmacologically active substances that have the same effect on the brain as marijuana.”
- Cacao should be consumed in its raw organic bean form to get the most libido- enhancing benefits.
3. Deer Antler/ Elk Antler
- The antlers of deer and elk have been used medicinally for over 2,000 years to increase sexual stamina, energy, and overall libido.
- The antlers can be taken in liquid drop, or pill supplement form.
- Deer Antler is so powerful it is used as a steroid by many pro-athletes.
4. Chili Peppers
- Chili peppers not only taste hot, they actually stimulate feel-good endorphins.
- The heat from jalapenos create physiological responses including sweating, increased heart rate and circulation similar to the those effects experienced during sex.
- Peppers also increase blood flow to organs of the body, a very beneficial effect in awakening bodily desire.
5. Honey/ Bee Products
- Honey is a product of procreation – pollination.
- Aphrodisiac comes from the Greek Goddess Aphrodite, and honey is known as the nectar of Aphrodite.
- Honey boosts energy levels, and the texture and taste is known to awaken the vital senses.
Here is to happy loving!